Job Title: Welder
Location: Midland, Texas
Company overview: We are a growth-oriented, Midland, Texas-based oilfield services company providing hydraulic fracturing and other complementary services to leading upstream oil and gas companies engaged in the exploration and production, or E&P, of North American unconventional oil and natural gas resources.
ProPetro is strategically located and focused in the Permian Basin, one of the world's most attractive regions for oil field service operations as a result of its size, geology, and customer activity levels. The Permian Basin consists of mature, legacy, onshore oil and liquids-rich natural gas reservoirs that span approximately 86,000 square miles in West Texas and New Mexico and is characterized by multiple prospective geologic benches for horizontal development.
- 3 to 4 years of welding experience required
- Performs welding repairs for heavy equipment machinery and fabricating of metals parts with projects under general supervision of a supervisor
- Performs maintenance, repair, fabricating, welding on a variety of metal products from samples and sketches
- Performs manual forging, shaping, straightening, sizing, dressing and heat treating of metal products, etc.
- Operates acetylene cutting torch, air arc gouge, plasma arc cutter, welding machine, mig machine, grinders, etc. to join, surface, fabricate or repair parts of metal or other weld materials according to specifications
- Performs a variety of welding techniques including GMAW (gas metal arc welding) FAW (flux-core arc welding), SMAW (shielded metal arc welding)
- Maintains and inspects equipment and work area ensuring a clean, safe and hazard free work environment and equipment in proper working condition
- Maintains accurate records of hours worked for billing purposes
- Inspects completed work for conformance to established specifications
- Performs other related duties as requires
- Must have reliable transportation
- Must be available 24 hours a day while on-call
- Working conditions may include working days, nights, weekends, 24-hours, holidays
- Must be able to climb ladders or climb onto equipment
- Must be able to lift 50 pounds safely, and lift 25 pounds safely over your head
- Working conditions may include standing on your feet for extended periods of time, or sitting for extended periods of time
- Squatting and bending over
-May work in extreme weather conditions, such as hot/cold temperatures, rain, snow, wind, etc.
- Paid vacation
- Medical Insurance paid for by employer
ProPetro Services is an Equal Opportunity Employer. This company does not and will not discriminate in employment and personnel practices on the basis of race, sex, age, handicap, religion, national origin or any other basis prohibited by applicable law. Hiring, transferring and promotion practices are performed without regard to the above listed items.
If you have any questions, please call our Frac / Maintenance Office at (432) 221-8100 or you can apply in person at 2518 FM 307 Midland, Texas.
Job Type: Full-time
Employment Inquiry Form
This form is not an official application with ProPetro Services, Inc. It is simply an avenue for contact information and a resume to be shared with the Company for further review. To submit a formal application, one must apply in person at our Permian Operations Office: #4 South Industrial Loop Midland TX.